Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Need Help Merging Cells

I have 2 columns of data that I want to merge into 1 column. I first
inserted a blank column and thin I used =Concatenate(c1," ",d1). I
then copied the formula down the new column. This worked fine giving
me the contents of the 2 cells in one cell. I then deleted columns C &
D and the trouble began. The values in the new column were no longer
valid as the formula referred to the 2 columns that no longer existed.
How can I accomplish this"
Thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In message
s.com of Fri, 4 Mar 2011 03:41:38 in microsoft.public.excel.newusers,
trvlnmny writes
I have 2 columns of data that I want to merge into 1 column. I first

I infer from your example that you want the result to consist of the
first column value, a space, and the second column value

inserted a blank column and thin I used =Concatenate(c1," ",d1). I
then copied the formula down the new column. This worked fine giving
me the contents of the 2 cells in one cell. I then deleted columns C &

At this point select the column which has the results.
Copy it to the clipboard. (Ctrl+C)
Click Edit\Paste Special\Values\OK
If you now look at an entry in the result column, you should see it has
the values without the formulas.

D and the trouble began. The values in the new column were no longer
valid as the formula referred to the 2 columns that no longer existed.
How can I accomplish this"

You can now delete columns C & D

Thanks for the help.

--
Walter Briscoe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Mar 4, 7:38*am, Walter Briscoe wrote:
[...]

Thank you, that did it.