eod eod is offline
Junior Member

Default Cannot sort spreadsheet or columns

Hello everybody. I never really use Excel, but recently just had to start using it for some work. Anyways, I can't sort any data, either by selecting a row or column. The sort button just stays grayed out. The sort function only comes on when moving around the spreadsheet with the arrow keys(basically when one box is selected). I can't figure this one out. I tried a bunch of things and nothing works. I just want to organize the whole spreadsheet by sorting one column with "date (ex. 11/07/11)" data in ascending order. Does anyone know what settings I have to change?
Member

Default Sorting

Hello!

When you go to home, there should be an icon there that says Sort & Filter. You can use that to sort your dates Descending (from earliest to latest) or Ascending (from latest to earliest).

You can check this image i've attached as a reference. For more excel help, you can also check this out. Hope this helps!
Attached Images