Junior Member

Default Excel Sort and Filter Question

Hello,

I am working with data from two reports at work, one is MS Note Pad and the other is a company system report. I have imported the information from Note Pad into Excel.
The data I now have in Excel is the following;

Customer Purchase Order Number
Customer Name
My company’s part number
Quantity required for each Customer Purchase Order Number

My question is how do I sort this information so that I can see 1) the report sorted by part number from lowest to highest 2) see the customer name for each part number and the quantity 3) a total for that part number required on all orders.

I want the Excel report to look like this:

PO no. Customer Name Part Number Qty

16911955 SAFEWAY PORTLAND 0004142-015 9
16914908 SAFEWAY STOCKTON 0004142-015 14

23

Any help would be appreciated
Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodgerson View Post
[...]

i would recommend you to import the data into excel by using tab as delimiter.
after importing into excel. get the data in the form of pivot table and arrange the data in ascending order as per your requirements with totals at row/column level

all the best
Thanks
Bala