prodgerson prodgerson is offline
Junior Member

Default Excel Sort and Filter Question

Hello,

I am working with data from two reports at work, one is MS Note Pad and the other is a company system report. I have imported the information from Note Pad into Excel.
The data I now have in Excel is the following;

Customer Purchase Order Number
Customer Name
My company’s part number
Quantity required for each Customer Purchase Order Number

My question is how do I sort this information so that I can see 1) the report sorted by part number from lowest to highest 2) see the customer name for each part number and the quantity 3) a total for that part number required on all orders.

I want the Excel report to look like this:

PO no. Customer Name Part Number Qty

16911955 SAFEWAY PORTLAND 0004142-015 9
16914908 SAFEWAY STOCKTON 0004142-015 14

23

Any help would be appreciated