Consolidating totals in Excel

Default ADD CELLS FROM DIFFERENT WORKBOOKS IN EXCEL

I have a summary worksheet with several others as back up data - ie company
budget summary with branch budget worksheets. I need to add various totals
(expense headings) from each worksheet and consolidate on summary worksheet.
Regret I am a basic user of Excel. Hopefully someone can guide me. Thank you
Gord Dibben

Workbooks or Worksheets?

Your subject and description do not match.

I will assum worksheets..............

If the total on each sheet is in the same cell on each sheet you can 3D
reference.

Add a new sheet after the Summary sheet which I assume is first in book.

Name this sheet Start.

Add a new sheet at end of book and name it End

On Summary sheet =SUM(Start:End!H34)

If not in same cell, lotsa work<g

You could perhaps group the sheets and manipulate rows and columns so's you
get the total on each sheet in the same cell?

Anything that would distinguish the placement of the total cell on each sheet?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP