Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
pol pol is offline

Default To find due days of debtors

Hi all,

I am using office2007. I have an excel sheet with the following colimn
invoicedate amount period.

How I can give a formula i n period column as
if current month - month(invoicedate) = 0 then period='Current'
if current month - month(invoicedate) = 1 then period='30'
if current month - month(invoicedate) = 2 then period='60'
if current month - month(invoicedate) = 3 then period='90'
else
period='120'

it should taken care 30 or 31 or 28 and 29 days for correspodning month.

Please help have any idea
With thanks
Pol

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: To find due days of debtors

Hi Pol,

You can use the following
Code:
=IF(MONTH(TODAY())-MONTH(A2)=0,"Current",IF(MONTH(TODAY())-MONTH(A2)=1,"30",IF(MONTH(TODAY())-MONTH(A2)=2,"60",IF(MONTH(TODAY())-MONTH(A2)=3,"90","120"))))
formula in the period column to calculate the due days of debtors:
  1. Replace A2 with the cell containing the invoice date.
  2. Format the period column as text to avoid any errors.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

What happens when you do this on the first day of the month and the invoice
is for the last day of the previous month - do you want this to be zero or one

Assuming that you want this to be zero

=MIN(4,DATEDIF(B17,TODAY(),"M"))*30

=where the invoice date is in cell B17

if you want this to be one - you would also need to compare years

Do you need this formula?
--
Wag more, bark less

"pol" wrote:

Hi all,

I am using office2007. I have an excel sheet with the following colimn
invoicedate amount period.

How I can give a formula i n period column as
if current month - month(invoicedate) = 0 then period='Current'
if current month - month(invoicedate) = 1 then period='30'
if current month - month(invoicedate) = 2 then period='60'
if current month - month(invoicedate) = 3 then period='90'
else
period='120'

it should taken care 30 or 31 or 28 and 29 days for correspodning month.

Please help have any idea
With thanks
Pol

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Brad,
I was about to ask much the same question regarding last/first of the month.
And without considering years, then there are real problems when invoice
date is in the previous year (as you are obviously aware).

pol- can't you just consider number of days rather than months? By using
just number of days, then you can easily determine if it is 30, 60, 90 or 120
or more days past due.

"pol" wrote:

Hi all,

I am using office2007. I have an excel sheet with the following colimn
invoicedate amount period.

How I can give a formula i n period column as
if current month - month(invoicedate) = 0 then period='Current'
if current month - month(invoicedate) = 1 then period='30'
if current month - month(invoicedate) = 2 then period='60'
if current month - month(invoicedate) = 3 then period='90'
else
period='120'

it should taken care 30 or 31 or 28 and 29 days for correspodning month.

Please help have any idea
With thanks
Pol

Member

Default IFS for multiple Arguments

Hello!

To properly categorize this, you can use the multiple IF function in excel, which is the IFS Function.

IFS Function works like this:

=ifs(argument 1, value if true 1, argument 2, value if true 2, ....)

so you can use this for multiple arguments. Regardless using days/months, this formula is ideal in categorizing your invoices. Also you can use =Today() so that Excel can automatically update what items are due and how many days are there remaining before an invoice is due.

Hope this helps!