Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Macro Problem

I'm created a simple macro to enter the current date and time =NOW(). That
works with the macro...however, I can't get it to stop moving over to the
next column and
returning to the top of that column. I've tried recording =NOW() ENTER;
=NOW() TAB; =NOW() RIGHT ARROW. all seem determined to move to the next
column top. What am I missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

OK...Here it is:

Sub DateTime()
'
' DateTime Macro
' Enter Date and Time
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+d
'
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=NOW()"
Range("A3").Select
End Sub

The A3 Cell is where the cursor ends up...At the end of entering the macro,
the "stop macro" button is grayed out and I have to press enter to get it
back.

the desired result is to enter the date and time and then move to the cell
on the right to continue entering data.

Thanks for helping.

"DiscipleTom" wrote:

I'm created a simple macro to enter the current date and time =NOW(). That
works with the macro...however, I can't get it to stop moving over to the
next column and
returning to the top of that column. I've tried recording =NOW() ENTER;
=NOW() TAB; =NOW() RIGHT ARROW. all seem determined to move to the next
column top. What am I missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

Sub DateTime()