Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Filling In A Column With Incrementing Values ?

Hello,

Thought I knew how to do this, but apparently I'm doing something wrong.
Using Excel 2007

In Column A, Row 1 I have the value "1"

I want to drag this box downward to fill in the boxes Below A1, say to A150.

But I want each box to increment by the value "1"

e.g. A1 would have the 1
A2 would be 2
A3 would be 3
etc.

How do I set this up so I can simply "drag" A1 downward to do it ?

Thanks,
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

type 1 in a1
type 2 in a2
highlight both cells then click and drag the plus sign in a2 to a150

--

Richard

"Bob" wrote:

Hello,

Thought I knew how to do this, but apparently I'm doing something wrong.
Using Excel 2007

In Column A, Row 1 I have the value "1"

I want to drag this box downward to fill in the boxes Below A1, say to A150.

But I want each box to increment by the value "1"

e.g. A1 would have the 1
A2 would be 2
A3 would be 3
etc.

How do I set this up so I can simply "drag" A1 downward to do it ?

Thanks,
Bob
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Enter 1 in A1

Right-click on fill handle of A1 and drag down to A150

Release button and "Fill Series"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP