Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Cannot select multiple controls

I have about a hundred checkbox controls on a worksheet. I need to select
groups of multiple controls in order to move or modify them. I have entered
'Design Mode' on the 'Developer' tab and activated the 'Select Objects'
option from the 'Find and Replace' feature on the 'Home' tab. With that
combination I can drag over the controls, but this action does not select
the controls. What must we do in order to drag and select large groups of
controls?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

In my xl03, I can use F5 Special Check Objects to easily select all
objects on the sheet in one swoop. Might also work in your xl07 ...
--
Max
Singapore

"Blue Max" wrote in message
I have about a hundred checkbox controls on a worksheet. I need to select
groups of multiple controls in order to move or modify them. I have
entered 'Design Mode' on the 'Developer' tab and activated the 'Select
Objects' option from the 'Find and Replace' feature on the 'Home' tab.
With that combination I can drag over the controls, but this action does
not select the controls. What must we do in order to drag and select large
groups of controls?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you for the suggestion, Max, but we need a more selective process than
simply selecting every object on the sheet. As you suggested, the 'Special'
select option also exists in Excel 2007, but we need a way to drag and
select specific subgroups or types of objects.

Thanks,

Richard