Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Conditional format

Dear All
I, create conditional format related to one column data range showing the
staff ID, I want when I enter the staff ID if it is available in my data
range, it will apply my conditional format, so my formula it is working for
ID Like 1070, or 1470 But when I inter ID like B1101 It is not working, my
formula in conditional format like this =VLOOKUP(A1,$K$2:$K$65,1,FALSE)
Please Help
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

First place I'd start is to determine what results the conditional formula is
returning. You can do that by putting the same formula in any available cell
on the sheet, then start entering values into A1 and see what the returns are.

I suspect that your entries in column K are probably formatted as numbers,
but A1 isn't. You should probably make sure that column K and A1 are
formatted as "General". Or format all of them as Text, but that may affect
other things that are expecting an ID to be numeric vs text. That may not
be an issue if your IDs can be numeric only or can be a combination of
letters and numbers. In that case everything looking for ID matches should
be set up to be treated as text.