Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Insert Existing Worksheets into a new Workbook

I have a set of many single page worksheets with calculations; I want to make
a single Workbook using all of those pages. Then I want to extract data from
a certain cell on each Worksheet and SUM that data on the last page of the
Workbook.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In EXCEL 2007 in order to extract and sum data on a specific page of the
Workbook:-

1. Assume I have a Workbook set up in which there are 4 Worksheets and I
wish to sum cell C6 from 3 of those Worksheets in Sheet1.

2. In cell C6 of Sheet1 (this is where I want the total to appear):-

Home / Editing group / AutoSum /

3. Now click on the first Worksheet you wish to include in the total and
click in cell C6.

4. Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the tab of the last (furthest to the
right) Worksheet whose cell C6 you wish to include in the total.

Release the SHIFT KEY.

5. Now hit the tick to the left of the fx button to the left of the Formula
bar.

6. You will now have the total of cell C6 in Sheet1 where the formula is:-

=SUM(Sheet2:Sheet4!C6)

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"CWO4 Dave Mann" wrote:

I have a set of many single page worksheets with calculations; I want to make
a single Workbook using all of those pages. Then I want to extract data from
a certain cell on each Worksheet and SUM that data on the last page of the
Workbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,
take a look at Ron de Bruin web