Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
beginer1

Default Can't Insert of remove worksheet in an existing workbook

Need your help from you experts.
Please give me suggestion how to fix the problem with my excel file.
I'm not able to add or remove worksheet from my existing excel
workbook. When I right click on the tabs, it gives only two options:
"Select All Sheets" and "View Code", other choices are grayed out. The
file has about 17 tabs, but I could remove or add worksheet to it
before. I did save it with a password to open it and running the macro
RowLine.xla, but I now can't add or remove sheet, so I remove the
password and the macro, and I still can't add or remove sheet.
Is there a way to check if there're still macros in the file, and want
to remove them all. Thank you much

--
beginer1
beginer1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30810

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Govind

Hi,

Did you check if the workbook is protected? If yes, then unprotect it
first and then try this.

regards

Govind.

beginer1 wrote:

Need your help from you experts.
Please give me suggestion how to fix the problem with my excel file.
I'm not able to add or remove worksheet from my existing excel
workbook. When I right click on the tabs, it gives only two options:
"Select All Sheets" and "View Code", other choices are grayed out. The
file has about 17 tabs, but I could remove or add worksheet to it
before. I did save it with a password to open it and running the macro
RowLine.xla, but I now can't add or remove sheet, so I remove the
password and the macro, and I still can't add or remove sheet.
Is there a way to check if there're still macros in the file, and want
to remove them all. Thank you much

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
beginer1

hello Govind,
when I saved the file , I clicked on File/SAve as/ Tools/ General
Options / I entered the password to open/ save , [I didn't set password
to modify, then I undid this by going to the tools menu / options/
Security tab / removed the password. I now open the file without being
asked to enter the password as before. it indicates the whole workbook
is not protected by a password. Any other suggestion. Thanks

--
beginer1
beginer1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30810
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504723

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Govind

Hi,

Am not referring to the file password. Am referring to
Tools-Protection-Protect/(Unprotect) workbook.When the workbook is
protected, you wont be able to delete sheets.

Regards

Govind.

beginer1 wrote:

hello Govind,
when I saved the file , I clicked on File/SAve as/ Tools/ General
Options / I entered the password to open/ save , [I didn't set password
to modify, then I undid this by going to the tools menu / options/
Security tab / removed the password. I now open the file without being
asked to enter the password as before. it indicates the whole workbook
is not protected by a password. Any other suggestion. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
beginer1

Govind, wow! should I buy you a beer ? :) THANK YOU MUCH!!!