Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Really simple macro problem - I bet!

I have the following text in 3 separate cells ie. C16, C17, C18

Esk Valley
Hastings
New Zealand

I wrote a macro to get it looking like this (using Paste Special/Transpose),
starting with Esk Valley in F16 (and it works!)

Esk Valley Hastings New Zealand

BUT when I go to the next set of cells to run the macro again, it just
repeats the macro using the cells already recorded:

Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+j
'
Range("C16:C18").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("F16").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=True
End Sub

How do I tell the macro to change to C20:C22 and move this text to C20?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Provide some more detail about what your data layout looks like and what you
want to happen with it.

If you have three rows of data in C16:C18 and there is a blank row and then
three rows of data again in C20:C22 ... repeated for several rows down
column C, do you want to continue transposing those data sets to F16, F17,
F18 and so on?

Regards,
Howard

"mrmnz" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

Not much information to work with.

I assume C20:C22 should be moved to F20, not C20 as you wrote!

Try if this is what you need:

Sub TestIt()

LastRow = Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For rw = 16 To LastRow Step 4
Range("C" & rw).Resize(3, 1).Copy
Range("F" & rw).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=True
'Range("C" & rw ).Resize(3).ClearContents
'****Use the line above to clear origial data
Next
Application.CutCopyMode = False

Per