Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Sum of 0 when all cells empty

I have a spreadsheet that has a row where we add statistical data by date.
If the date hasn't yet arrived and there's no information in any of the
cells, my spreadsheet shows "0" as a total and I need it to remain blank.

How can I accomplish this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,
suppose that the date is in cell A1 and you sum column B you can use

=if(A1="","",sum(B1:B10))

"feathercabin" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that has a row where we add statistical data by date.
If the date hasn't yet arrived and there's no information in any of the
cells, my spreadsheet shows "0" as a total and I need it to remain blank.

How can I accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You can format the cell as General;General;
Or whatever format you want, like #,##0_);(#,##0);
Or format the sheet to not display zero values.