Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Compatability mode

I have Office 2007 and everytime I open an existing excel file or open a new
excel workbook it goes into the compatability mode, it will say Book 1
(compatability Mode) is that what it is supposed to do or is a setting wrong
somewhere? When I want to close an excel file it takes a long time before
it closes.

--
Jim Salyer
Area Supervisor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Jim

Your default save format is set to 97-2003 that's why you see it when you open a new workbook
If you open a xls (97-2003 file) it is normal that you see this and you must use SaveAs or Convert to make it a 2007 file (xlsx,
xlsm or xlsb)

You can change the default save format he

Office button
Excel Options
Click on Save
See the first line and change it to xlsx(Excel workbook) or xlsm (Excel macro enabled workbook)

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm