Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Compatability mode

I notice that when I open an xls file the words [Compatability mode] appears
at the top next to the file name.
When I save as an xlsm file, [Compatability mode] stays there until I close
and reopen the xlsm file.

I realise this may not be a problem, but it surely isn't correct. Anybody
ahve any comments?

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Rob
This is due to the file format which obviously corresponds in your case to
previous Excel version.
To ascertain, check with a SaveAs operation the file type indicated in the
dialog box opened.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"Rob" a écrit dans le message de news:
I notice that when I open an xls file the words [Compatability mode]
appears at the top next to the file name.
When I save as an xlsm file, [Compatability mode] stays there until I
close and reopen the xlsm file.

I realise this may not be a problem, but it surely isn't correct. Anybody
ahve any comments?

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Papou,

I don't think you have answered my question fully. I do realise that the
[Compatability mode] shown at the top is a good indicator of the state of
the open file. My complaint is that when I do save it to the new version,
the [Compatability mode] does not go away until after I close and then
reopen the file. So it seems that when I save the file to the new format,
nothing has happened, when in fact it has!

Rob