Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
hmz hmz is offline

Default data tables - (not pivot)

Hi,

I am trying to create at data table with two inputs and one outcome.

The inputs are calculated: (1) An IRR and (2) a Debt Coverage Ratio. The
output is rent, which is not a formula. I want to be able to input any IRR
value and/or DCR, but the Data Table will not output my rental change that
would correspond to the changes in the IRR/DCR. Is Excel capable of doing
this, and if so, can someone send me a simple demonstration/calculation to
help me? I have been working on this for a bit and am frustrated. I am afraid
that I am not able to have a clear head since i have been working on this for
a couple of hours trying different scenarios.

Thank you so much,

hmz
Wash DC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

hmz,

How do you get the rent, without a formula? You must have some method that can be converted to a
formula...

When you do, you could set up a table of formulas, with IRR values in column A, starting in row 2,
and DCR values in row 1 starting in column B. In B2, enter a formula with references to A kept
absolute, and references to row 1 kept absolute, like

=$A2/B$1

and then copy that formula to match your table of IRRs and DCRs. Each cell in the table will
calculate the rent for the pair or IRR and DCR values from that cell's row and column.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP