Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Using codes to input saved info into a cell?

I'm pretty uneducated on excel but am trying to develop a master list of
coded infomation that I can simply type a "code number or item number" which
will then input the saved info for that "item number" into the adjoining
cell, along with a cost associated with that item number. Where do I save
this "master list" of info so that when I begin to type the "code" or even
begin typing info into a cell, my "master list" of info will auto fill, or
give me choices of saved info that i'd like to have put in that cell.

Please help. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Chris I have just put a file up for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Check out item number 27 (at the top of my home page at the moment).

If you input any of the numbers 1, 2, 3, or 4 in cells A 2 to A 5 you will
get the cost appearing automatically in cells C 2 to C 5.

I think that this gives you most of what you want but not your last part.

Thanks.