Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
trip_to_tokyo[_3_] trip_to_tokyo[_3_] is offline

Default Using codes to input saved info into a cell?

Hi Chris I have just put a file up for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Check out item number 27 (at the top of my home page at the moment).

If you input any of the numbers 1, 2, 3, or 4 in cells A 2 to A 5 you will
get the cost appearing automatically in cells C 2 to C 5.

I think that this gives you most of what you want but not your last part.

Thanks.

"chris1982" wrote:

I'm pretty uneducated on excel but am trying to develop a master list of
coded infomation that I can simply type a "code number or item number" which
will then input the saved info for that "item number" into the adjoining
cell, along with a cost associated with that item number. Where do I save
this "master list" of info so that when I begin to type the "code" or even
begin typing info into a cell, my "master list" of info will auto fill, or
give me choices of saved info that i'd like to have put in that cell.

Please help. Thanks