Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I make column C a percentage of column B

I need to calculate different percentages for fixed numbers I have in column
B. How do I make column C a percentage of B, column D a different percentage
of B, and so on.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,
not pretty sure what you want, you need column C to show percentage of B
based on a column B total ? if yes do

=B1$B$100

B100 = cell with the total
dopy formula down

if this is not what you were looking for please give an example thanks

"dbcruzin" wrote:

I need to calculate different percentages for fixed numbers I have in column
B. How do I make column C a percentage of B, column D a different percentage
of B, and so on.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Worked example:-

1. In cell B 1 enter:-

100

2. In cell C 1 enter:-

50

3. In cell D 1 enter:-

=(C1/B1)

The result of this formula will show as:-

50%

(Make sure that cell D 1 is formatted as follows:-

- single right hand click in cell D 1

- from the options that are launched select Format Cells (by clicking on it)

- Number tab

- Category: (make sure that this is set to Percentage and then hit OK)).

Apply the above to your situation and you should come up with what you want.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"dbcruzin" wrote:

I need to calculate different percentages for fixed numbers I have in column
B. How do I make column C a percentage of B, column D a different percentage
of B, and so on.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

B1 contains 100

C1 =$B1*.25 returns 25