Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do train with practice downloads in Excel 3 when I have Excel

Hello Group, I have Excel 3 and recently downloaded Office Professional 2007
when I try to practice in office online training in Excel 3 it only opens
office 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Since 2007 has decided it wants to be the default, de-register 2007 and
re-register 2003

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

StartRun "C:\yourpathto2007\excel.exe" /unregserver

See the space between exe and /unregserver.

Then register 2003

StartRun "C:\yourpathto2003\excel.exe" /regserver

This process should make Excel 2003 the default for opening files.

You may not have to unregister 2007 first but I err on the side of
caution<g

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:24:01 -0800, nan catlady <nan
wrote:

Hello Group, I have Excel 3 and recently downloaded Office Professional 2007
when I try to practice in office online training in Excel 3 it only opens
office 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Just file association AFAIK but which other attributes would you be thinking
about?

Gord

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:39:00 -0500, "Robert Flanagan"
wrote:

Gord, does re-registration affect just the file association, or does it
change other attributes?

Bob

.. .