Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default setting a different size header column and then smaller sub colum.

Hi,
I would like to know how to set up a workshhet using a large header column
above and then below it maybe 3 smaller sized columns.
What I mean is set it up this way.

Header Column would be e.g. TITLE (approx 30 wide)
Below it 3 columns like this: name name name (all Aprox 8 wide)

Any help on this would be very much appreciated and I hope I don't sound to
confusing with what I want to do.
Thanksa
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

All cells in any individual column must be the same width, but you can make
one appear to be wider in one of 2 ways:

Select the cell with the word TITLE in it and also one or two cells to the
right of it and use: Format -- Cells -- Alignment and in the "Horizontal"
section choose "Center across selection".

Another way is to select a group of cells (2 or 3 on the row in this case)
and use the "Merge" cells feature to treat them as one large cell with the
text initially centered in it. You can change the alignment of the text to
left, right or centered using the regular alignment icons if you want to.

"Sudhir" wrote:

Hi,
I would like to know how to set up a workshhet using a large header column
above and then below it maybe 3 smaller sized columns.
What I mean is set it up this way.

Header Column would be e.g. TITLE (approx 30 wide)
Below it 3 columns like this: name name name (all Aprox 8 wide)

Any help on this would be very much appreciated and I hope I don't sound to
confusing with what I want to do.
Thanksa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Sudhir" wrote:

Hi,
I would like to know how to set up a workshhet using a large header column
above and then below it maybe 3 smaller sized columns.
What I mean is set it up this way.

Header Column would be e.g. TITLE (approx 30 wide)
Below it 3 columns like this: name name name (all Aprox 8 wide)

Any help on this would be very much appreciated and I hope I don't sound to
confusing with what I want to do.
Thanksa

one way would be to use the merge and center feature. Check help under
merge.

gls858