Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Excel Autocomplete entry - Delete - How?

Hi - I have Excel 2007 which is part of Office 2007 Professional running on
XP Pro SP3. The autocomplete function on a descriptive cell is terrific.
Howerver, I mistyped an entry.

Question: How do I delete an incorrect descriptive cell entry in Excel
2007?

Thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Autocomplete or AutoCorrect?

For autocomplete simply delete the incorrect data.

For AutoCorrect you must delete the entry from the AC list

To access the list hit office buttonexcel optionsproofingAC options.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:39:15 -0500, "Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have Excel 2007 which is part of Office 2007 Professional running on
XP Pro SP3. The autocomplete function on a descriptive cell is terrific.
Howerver, I mistyped an entry.

Question: How do I delete an incorrect descriptive cell entry in Excel
2007?

Thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Here's an example of what I am trying to do: Instead of Travel, I want to
type travel.

However, when I type travel, it automatically changes to Travel, because I
originally mistyped it as Travel instead of travel.

How do I delete Travel from the autocomplete dictionary?

Joe

Autocomplete or AutoCorrect?

For autocomplete simply delete the incorrect data.

For AutoCorrect you must delete the entry from the AC list

To access the list hit office buttonexcel optionsproofingAC options.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:39:15 -0500, "Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have Excel 2007 which is part of Office 2007 Professional running
on
XP Pro SP3. The autocomplete function on a descriptive cell is terrific.
Howerver, I mistyped an entry.

Question: How do I delete an incorrect descriptive cell entry in Excel
2007?

Thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Re-read my reply.

Where did you mistype "Travel" originally?

In a cell above where you are attempting to type "travel"?

Or in the AutoCorrect List?

Gord

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:54:52 -0500, "Joe727" wrote:

Here's an example of what I am trying to do: Instead of Travel, I want to
type travel.

However, when I type travel, it automatically changes to Travel, because I
originally mistyped it as Travel instead of travel.

How do I delete Travel from the autocomplete dictionary?

Joe

.. .
Autocomplete or AutoCorrect?

For autocomplete simply delete the incorrect data.

For AutoCorrect you must delete the entry from the AC list

To access the list hit office buttonexcel optionsproofingAC options.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:39:15 -0500, "Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have Excel 2007 which is part of Office 2007 Professional running
on
XP Pro SP3. The autocomplete function on a descriptive cell is terrific.
Howerver, I mistyped an entry.

Question: How do I delete an incorrect descriptive cell entry in Excel
2007?

Thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

So change it.

And read help on Autocomplete and Autocorrect.

There is a difference.

Gord

wrote:

Hi - I have Excel 2007 which is part of Office 2007 Professional running
on
XP Pro SP3. The autocomplete function on a descriptive cell is
terrific.
Howerver, I mistyped an entry.

Question: How do I delete an incorrect descriptive cell entry in Excel
2007?

Thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I have changed it, but it still reverts to the capitalized version when I
make later entries. There must be some place where the capitalized version
is stored so that it can be manually deleted.

This appears to be a function of autocomplete.

wrote:

Here's an example of what I am trying to do: Instead of Travel, I want
type travel.

However, when I type travel, it automatically changes to Travel, because
originally mistyped it as Travel instead of travel.

How do I delete Travel from the autocomplete dictionary?

Joe

m...