Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Problem creating formulas when exporting QuickBooks files to Excel

I am having a problem creating formulas in Excel files exportd from
QuickBooks. When I copy a formula and paste to different cells, the
resulting cells show the same value as the cell where the original formula
was created. It is like I am using absolute cell references, but there are
no $ signs in the formula. I can change the value in the copied cells to the
correct the value by pressing F2 (Edit) key, buit was hoping on finding a
better way to resolve this issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

edpoz wrote:
I am having a problem creating formulas in Excel files exportd from
QuickBooks. When I copy a formula and paste to different cells, the
resulting cells show the same value as the cell where the original formula
was created. It is like I am using absolute cell references, but there are
no $ signs in the formula. I can change the value in the copied cells to the
correct the value by pressing F2 (Edit) key, buit was hoping on finding a
better way to resolve this issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Right click, copy, paste then select paste special and then select
formula only.