Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Formula for taking text out of column B and placing it into column

I am using Excel 2007-

I have hundreds of products (2 listed below: TU10 & TU12)

The products have a 'VariantInventoryItemNumber' such as the 2 items below.

I need to take all of the text before the ' - ' sign and place that in
column A as illustrated below.

ItemNumber VariantInventoryItemNumber
TU10 TU10-10
TU10 TU10-10.5
TU10 TU10-11
TU10 TU10-11.5
TU10 TU10-12
TU10 TU10-12.5
TU10 TU10-13
TU10 TU10-6
TU10 TU10-6.5
TU10 TU10-7
TU10 TU10-7.5
TU10 TU10-8
TU10 TU10-8.5
TU10 TU10-9
TU10 TU10-9.5
TU12 TU12-10
TU12 TU12-10.5
TU12 TU12-11
TU12 TU12-11.5
TU12 TU12-12
TU12 TU12-12.5
TU12 TU12-13
TU12 TU12-6
TU12 TU12-6.5
TU12 TU12-7
TU12 TU12-7.5
TU12 TU12-8
TU12 TU12-8.5
TU12 TU12-9
TU12 TU12-9.5

For Example:

Column B: (VariantInventoryItemNumber)
TU32-10.5
TU32-11
TU32-11.5
TU32-12
TU32-12.5
TU32-13
TU32-7
TU32-7.5
TU32-8
TU32-8.5
TU32-9
TU32-9.5

Now I need only the 'TU32' from that listing to be placed into column A
using a formula... Any Help?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,