Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting a Column and taking row information with it.

Please help.
In Column "A", I have number 4567 with information pertaining to 4567 in
row A5.
When I try to sort Column "A" by numbers the information does not move with
it.
For example: A10 has number 3456 and information pertaining to 3456 is in
that row. However, when I sort column "A", it DOES sort that column by
numbers like I want it to. But it DOES NOT move the information with it.
The information for 3456 shows the information the pertains to 4567.
Does anyone know how to make this work the way I want it to.?
I'm not real knowledgeable about this sort of thing, so please, is there
someone out there that could walk me thru this.?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Suppose you have 5 cols of data, cols A to E. Just select cols A to E, then
do the sort by col A. This should do it.
--
Max
Singapore
"Michaela" wrote:
Please help.
In Column "A", I have number 4567 with information pertaining to 4567 in
row A5.
When I try to sort Column "A" by numbers the information does not move with
it.
For example: A10 has number 3456 and information pertaining to 3456 is in
that row. However, when I sort column "A", it DOES sort that column by
numbers like I want it to. But it DOES NOT move the information with it.
The information for 3456 shows the information the pertains to 4567.
Does anyone know how to make this work the way I want it to.?
I'm not real knowledgeable about this sort of thing, so please, is there
someone out there that could walk me thru this.?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

see response to your posting in Excel.misc
Please do not multipost.

--
Regards

Roger Govier