Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Filling cells with filtered data to another sheet.

I am using Excel 2007. On sheet one I have a database of text and numerical
data in which I am using filters to narrow down. What I want to be able to do
is to transfer only the shown data (that is filtered) on sheet 1 to another
sheet automatically. The reason for this is that some of the info of the
filtered data needs to be put into a different format on sheet 2. Is there a
way to do this?
Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Select the data, Copy. Right click on destination, Paste Special, values only?
Note that you may need to press Alt+semicolon to only select visible cells
before copying.

If you want automation, Record this as a macro with you selecting the range
of A2:Z10000 (large enough to cover your data) before selecting visible cells
only.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Brian Ness" wrote:

I am using Excel 2007. On sheet one I have a database of text and numerical
data in which I am using filters to narrow down. What I want to be able to do
is to transfer only the shown data (that is filtered) on sheet 1 to another
sheet automatically. The reason for this is that some of the info of the
filtered data needs to be put into a different format on sheet 2. Is there a
way to do this?
Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Best to keep to your original thread you posted in the other news group.

Posting an identical question just fragments your replies and wastes the
time and effort of those who are replying.

See one reply at your other post................you will need VBA to do it
automatically.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP