Old November 27th 09, 11:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Data Ribbon disabled

I'm trying to do a "what-if analysis" for my beginning Excel class and when I
click on the appropriate cell and then the Data ribbon, all of the options
are greyed out. While struggling with this, I noticed the options on the
Insert ribbon are also greyed out but the other tabs are fine. I appreciate
any insight.

Old November 28th 09, 12:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Check the Review tab, the worksheet may be protected.
Check you do not have multiple sheets selected, [Group] will be
displayed in the title bar is you have.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Old August 11th 10, 10:31 AM
Junior Member

Thumbs up

[quote=Andy Pope;904548]Hi,

Check the Review tab, the worksheet may be protected.
Check you do not have multiple sheets selected, [Group] will be
displayed in the title bar is you have.

Cheers
Andy

[quote]

I had to register to thank you for this, been looking for ages and this is the first post I've seen than mentions the [grouped] aspect.

Many thanks,

James