Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Shadow Effect

Is there a method in Office Excel 2007 to add a shadow effect to a selected
cell? I had this feature in Lotus 1-2-3 and found it very useful in making
certain results stand out on a worksheet.
Thanks for your help.
Gene L.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In EXCEL 2007 try this:-

Home group / Fornt - single left hand clik on the arrow in the lower right
hand corner / Format Cells should launch / Fill tab / Fill Effects . . . /
make your choice and hit OK / OK once more.

You should now have what you want.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks!

"Gene L." wrote:

Is there a method in Office Excel 2007 to add a shadow effect to a selected
cell? I had this feature in Lotus 1-2-3 and found it very useful in making
certain results stand out on a worksheet.
Thanks for your help.
Gene L.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Gene L." wrote:

Is there a method in Office Excel 2007 to add a shadow effect to a
selected
cell? I had this feature in Lotus 1-2-3 and found it very useful in
making
certain results stand out on a worksheet.
Thanks for your help.
Gene L.

.

Sorry but I am lost already. I did click the Home Group but what does
"Fornt" mean? I am sorry that I am such a novice but I appreciate your
willingness to help.
Gene L.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

HomeFormatFormat CellsFillFill Effects.

See how to make a gradient fill for a cell.

Not the drop shadow you asked for but may suffice.

In Excel 2003 you can use the drawing toolbar to set a drop shadow on a
cell.

I have not yet figured out if you can do that in 2007

Hopefully someone knows and will share.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Gene L." wrote:

Is there a method in Office Excel 2007 to add a shadow effect to a
selected
cell? I had this feature in Lotus 1-2-3 and found it very useful in
making
certain results stand out on a worksheet.
Thanks for your help.
Gene L.

.

Sorry but I am lost already. I did click the Home Group but what does
"Fornt" mean? I am sorry that I am such a novice but I appreciate your
willingness to help.
Gene L.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

/

"Gene L." wrote:

Is there a method in Office Excel 2007 to add a shadow effect to a
selected
cell? I had this feature in Lotus 1-2-3 and found it very useful in
making
certain results stand out on a worksheet.
Thanks for your help.
Gene L.

.

Sorry but I am lost already. I did click the Home Group but what does
"Fornt" mean? I am sorry that I am such a novice but I appreciate your
willingness to help.
Gene L.

Your help is very much appreciated. A drop-shadow is a "nice to have" but
not critical. My very best to you.
Gene L.