Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Shadow Chart

Can we creat Shadow/Duplicate Chart in 2nd Workbook.

for example in Workbook1 i have charts, I want these chart to appear in
Workkbook2 as well, when i change data source or apply someformatting on
charts in Workbook 1, Charts in Worksheet 2 reflect the changes automatically.

Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You can copy the chart and paste it in the other workbook or sheet and if
the data changes for one the other chart will also change. However, the is
no built-in way to get the second chart to change formats as the first chart
is formatted.

But you could use the Camera tool to copy a picture of the chart and paste
ii into the other workbook/worksheet. In that case the picture will adjust
both values and formatting as the 1st chart changes.

The camera tool can be found by choose View, Toolbars, Customize, Commands
tab, choose the Tools category and scroll down to Camera, drag the button to
a toolbar.

Fit the chart nicely in a set of cells and then select the cells behind the
chart. Then click the Camera tool and click in your other workbook.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire