Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jim Jim is offline

Default Naming ranges on multiple worksheets

I have a workbook with multiple worksheets, the worksheets are structured
identical to each other. I need to name certain ranges in each of the
worksheets. On the first worksheet, I was able to name the ranges without
difficulity, however when I attempt to name the ranges on the worksheet
number 2, it throws me back to sheet 1. The range name that I entered on
sheet 2 was not accepted, the name box is still showing the cell number. Can
anyone assist?

Using Excel 2003.

Thanks,

Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

One method

On sheet1 InsertNameDefine MyName

Refers to: =INDIRECT("A1:F20")

Note: won't show up in NameBox or in EditGo To or F5

Must be typed into refedit dialog.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:12:03 -0800, Jim
wrote:

I have a workbook with multiple worksheets, the worksheets are structured
identical to each other. I need to name certain ranges in each of the
worksheets. On the first worksheet, I was able to name the ranges without
difficulity, however when I attempt to name the ranges on the worksheet
number 2, it throws me back to sheet 1. The range name that I entered on
sheet 2 was not accepted, the name box is still showing the cell number. Can
anyone assist?

Using Excel 2003.

Thanks,

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Use local/worksheet level names.

Select the range
and include the sheet name in the namebox when you create the name, like:

'Sheet 99'!myNameHere

--

Dave Peterson