Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Brain fart in simple subtraction

How do I fix a cell that is always subtracted from?

I want to have b2 a fixed value
then c3=b2-b3
d3=b2-d3
e3=b2-e3

If I just pull cell down to copy I get
d3=b3-b4
e3=b4-b5

Brain fart I am sure :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=$B$2-B3

See help on absolute and relative references.

BTW your examples show you are copying across, not down

C3, D3 and E3 are in same row.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP