Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
PA PA is offline

Default Cell colors in Excel 2003

One of our senior managers has used various colors to signify various levels
of importance to items in the cells of a worksheet in Excel 2003. This
morning he opened the file, and found that the colors had changed, for
example yellow is now grey, blue is orange, etc.
Can anyone help me understand what has happened and how to correct this,
without the necessity of reformatting hundreds of cells.
Thanks
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Possible answers:

If he used conditional formats (which he should) the conditions have changed.

Someone (unidentifed) has changed the colors

The colors associated with the workbook structure have changed. By this I
mean, if you go to Tools-Options-Colors, and were to change the default
"yellow" to a "gray" all the cells that were previouslly yellow would now
look grey. This is because XL actually assigns the cells a format number
(1-56) to correspond with the 56 colors that is has stored (ie, a library).
If the library is changed, the reference number becomes confused. To fix
this, simply change the colors back to what you would like it to be (from the
Options dialogue).
--
Best Regards,

Luke M