Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default multiple distances versus lowest time for a specific distance

What is the formula for multiple distances versus a specific time, eg in one
colum there is a distance of 50, 100, 200 and the colum beside it there is a
time. I am looking for a conditional formatting that gives me a specified
colour for the lowest time for a specific distance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

A1:A10 = distance
B1:B10 = time

Select the *entire* range B1:B10 starting from cell B1. Cell B1 will be the
active cell. The active cell is the one cell in the selected range that is
not shaded. The formula will be relative to the active cell.

For Excel 2007:

Goto Home tabStylesConditional FormattingManage rulesNew ruleUse a
formula to determine which cells to format
Enter this formula in the box below:
=B1=MIN(IF(A$1:A$10=your_number,B$1:B$10))
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

In Excel versions 2003 and earlier:

Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Enter this formula in the box on the right:

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP