jack

Default How to protect a cell or rows with MS excel 2000

Hello,
Lets say for example I have a formula in row a1 and column a1 and some text
in a1 and d1.
What I would like to know how would I protected which I mean if I let others
use my spreadsheet I want to not let people change any info in that
individual cells. I read that I could use a 0 for unlock and a one to lock
but I am not sure how to do this. Can someone show me the steps to make this
work.
Thanks for your help

Paul B

Jack, By default all cells in excel are protected or locked, select the
cells you want to unlock and go to format, cells, protection and uncheck
locked, the go to tools, protection, and protect sheet, enter a password if
you want, now only the cells that you unlocked can be edited.

If you only need a few locked I would select them all first, Ctrl A, then
go to format, cells, protection and uncheck locked, then select the cells
you want to lock and go to format cells and check locked, the go to tools,
protection, and protect sheet, enter a password if you want, now the cells
that you locked can not be edited

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003