Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default ID inquiry about numbers in column A

Hi,

I have 6000 id numbers in column A and I have had to delete some rows
due to duplication.

This now means those numbers which were in order 1 to 6000 now have
numbers missing.

How can I patch them up so that they are once again flowing from 1 to
whatever.

Thanks

rock
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

See other post.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"rock" wrote in message

I have 6000 id numbers in column A and I have had to delete some rows due
to duplication.

This now means those numbers which were in order 1 to 6000 now have
numbers missing.

How can I patch them up so that they are once again flowing from 1 to
whatever.

Thanks

rock

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Bob,

I got the duplicate help thank you however this was a different thing..

------
I have 6000 id numbers in column A and I have had to delete some rows.

This now means those numbers which were in order 1 to 6000 now have
numbers missing.

eg

3458
3459
3460

3464
3465
3466

3469
3470
etc..

How can I patch them up so that they are once again flowing from 1 to
the last of them.

If I just delete the row, the numbers will stay missed whereas I want
them to be in order.

Thanks again

rock

See other post.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In A1 enter =ROW()

Copy down to end of data, overwriting the misplaced numbers with new
consecutive ones.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 20:28:49 +1000, rock wrote:

[...]

Bob Phillips wrote:
See other post.