saranat

Default HOW DO i SYNCHRONIZE MULTIPLE WORKSHEETS IN EXCEL?

I have 7 worksheets in a workbook.
all the worksheets have a lastname, firstname, employee ID in the A,B,C
columns of every worksheet.
I need to synchronize the worksheets so that when I click on an employee
name in any worksheet and select a different worksheet I see the same row as
the original employee name.
Don Guillett

try this by right click on excel icon in upper left of workbook(next to
FILE)insert this.
However, it will not fire until you goto the next worksheet.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
Sheets.Select
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select
ActiveSheet.Select

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"saranat" wrote in message
I have 7 worksheets in a workbook.
all the worksheets have a lastname, firstname, employee ID in the A,B,C
columns of every worksheet.
I need to synchronize the worksheets so that when I click on an employee
name in any worksheet and select a different worksheet I see the same row

as
the original employee name.

Don Guillett

If you put it in this one instead it will fire every time you change cells
in the active sheet.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target
As Range)

"saranat" wrote in message
I have 7 worksheets in a workbook.
all the worksheets have a lastname, firstname, employee ID in the A,B,C
columns of every worksheet.
I need to synchronize the worksheets so that when I click on an employee
name in any worksheet and select a different worksheet I see the same row

as
the original employee name.

Max

Think Don G. posted this instruction in his first response
try this by right click on excel icon in
upper left of workbook(next to
FILE) insert this

Maybe try these steps to get it up:
Right-click on the Excel icon in the upper left corner (Next to "File")
Choose "View Code" (this'll bring you to VBE)
Clear the defaults** appearing in the whitespace on the right
Then copy paste Don G's code in the whitespace
(You'd need to correct the line-wrap for the first line after you copy and
paste)
Press Alt+Q to get back to Excel
-----------------
**Defaults : "Private Sub Workbook_Open() ... End Sub"
-----------------
In Excel, try it out by selecting a cell say, A2 in Sheet1
The entire row2 will be selected (i.e. highlighted)
Click on Sheet2's tab, the same row2 will be selected
Ditto when you click on Sheet3, etc
--
Rgds
Max
"don" wrote in message
Sorry. I'm not sure I understrand where to put the code.
could you explain again?
don

Max

"don" wrote
Thanks Max.

You're welcome !

When i tried the code it kept bringing me back to the
same 1st worksheet in which I highlighted the row.

Sorry, got to leave this to Don G. or others versed in vba to respond
further to you. Believe it's presumed that the sheets are identically
structured as far as the names are concerned, e.g. Name13 will appear in say
row13 on *every* sheet, and that you'll start the name/row selection in
*Sheet1*
--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

don

that's correct. every worksheet has the same names in the same rows as the
first worksheet.
don

"Max" wrote:

"don" wrote