Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Calculating Employee hours for the current week

Hello,

I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file
that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on
different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet
that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on
the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there
any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the
hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...aspx?av=ZXL000

These should be able to start you off

Alan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Aug 19, 12:35*am, "Alan McQuaid via OfficeKB.com" <u23024@uwe
wrote:
Hi,

Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft athttp://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101172771033.aspx?av=ZX...

These should be able to start you off

Alan

Thanks Alan,

Those were all nice but I could not find one that had a good formula
for dynamically collecting info for the current week only. I have a
total of 7 projects and 7 employees. What i want to do is track the
total number of hours spent by all the employees on each one of the
individual projects for the current week (1-52). Any ideas how I can
tell excel which week is the current one, then get the info from each
employee for that week only? Thanks in advance!

Ben
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I think I figured this out.

The formula is: