Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I display repeating text between worksheets only once on ta

Hi, I'm new to XLS and trying to work out how to display details from a XLS
report I receive. I copy and paste the all details to a new work sheet. I
want to display the names of the resources I'm tracking to a new work sheet.
The catch is first cell (column a) starts blank first time this is run so I
cant use vlookup as far as I can tell, Once the first name is displayed I
then need it to skip this name as it repeats (sometimes) in the report - then
display the next name and so on to each next free cell in the column. The 2nd
time I run this I want any new names to be added to the next free cell at the
bottom of the list because I put additional details in col c,d.
If this is easy then my final goal is how to display the above with
additional column (hourly rate) - so I display col a - name, col b - hrly
rate - the catch here is I need to check name and hrly rate to be unique as
the same resource may have a pay change ie John 123- $40, John 123 - $45 and
the hours he worked is must be tracked as (name x hrs x rate). The name
details will be unique because it has name and work ID so no chance of 2
johns. I'm using office 07. Hope this is clear and someone can help - as I've
been entering this manually for the last 6 months and the list keeps growing
making it hard to manage.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Can you send a sample workbook to me as an attachment to an email, with
explanation of what you need to happen. I think this can be handled with
some VBA code (a macro) but without seeing what columns in which sheets are
involved, it's tough to do blind.
email to (remove spaces) HelpFrom @ JLatham Site. com
I'll see what I can do for you.