Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Angie P

Default Text repeating on multiple worksheets

I have an file with approximately 10 worksheets. I am finding that cells
A:29-A:31 from one of my worksheets is repeating on all of the worksheets and
overwrite existing data (when they shouldn't). The same thing happens with
cell C:28. I don't believe I've set anything to do it automatically and when
I print it, it's ok. But when I save it and come back the next day, the data
appears. It started on day 1 with C:28 and now it has moved into repeating
the A cells as well.

Help! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Angie P

There are no links to other sheets. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Angie

Check the content of cells A29:A31 and C28 on the other sheets.

Perhaps they have a linking formula like =Sheet1!A29

Clear contents if that's the case.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:27:03 -0800, "Angie P" <Angie
wrote:

I have an file with approximately 10 worksheets. I am finding that cells
A:29-A:31 from one of my worksheets is repeating on all of the worksheets and
overwrite existing data (when they shouldn't). The same thing happens with
cell C:28. I don't believe I've set anything to do it automatically and when
I print it, it's ok. But when I save it and come back the next day, the data
appears. It started on day 1 with C:28 and now it has moved into repeating
the A cells as well.

Help! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Angie

Perhaps you have the sheets "Grouped" which means you have them all selected.
What you do to one is done to all.

Although I doubt it if just a few cells are changing.

Do you see [Group] on the title bar after the filename?

If so, right-click on a sheet tab and "ungroup sheets"

Any chance of some macro code doing the deed?

Right-click on a sheet tab and "View Code"

Anything there that might look suspicious?

Gord

wrote:

I have an file with approximately 10 worksheets. I am finding that cells
A:29-A:31 from one of my worksheets is repeating on all of the worksheets and