su1

Default cell contents revert to 0 when i click on the next cell

I put a number into a cell click on the next cell and the first cell reverts
to 0. If I format to number with 2 decimal places it will be ok but when I
try to take out decimal places it goes back to zero,
Help please
Neil

You haven't said what number you are trying to put into the cell, but I
suspect that the number is less than 0.5.
A quick test shows that if you set the cell to no decimal places then enter
a number less than 0.5 it is displayed 'rounded down' so it will show as
zero, if it's 0.5 or above it displays as 1.
If you need to put numbers less than 0.5 into youe cell you will have to
have at least 1 decimal place.

HTH

Neil
www.nwarwick.co.uk

"su1" wrote:

I put a number into a cell click on the next cell and the first cell reverts
to 0. If I format to number with 2 decimal places it will be ok but when I
try to take out decimal places it goes back to zero,
Help please

su1

Thanks Neil for replying I was trying to put whole numbers in but have now
sorted it out. I went into properties and there was a tick box which said
always have 2 decimal places or something like that. Obviously when i tried
to put in a 1 or 2 without decimal places it reverted to 0. I don't know how
it came to be ticked because i have used this SATS spreadsheet before with no
trouble. thanks aagain for your reply.