Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Replacing numbers

I have a spreadsheet which contains 6 digit numbers (i.e.209111, 209112,
209113).
I would like to perform a bulk replace for just the first 3 numbers.
Turn 209*** into 210***.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Randy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

select the dataedit replace209 210
Just make SURE that 209 doesn't exist anywhere else

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Randy B." wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet which contains 6 digit numbers (i.e.209111, 209112,
209113).
I would like to perform a bulk replace for just the first 3 numbers.
Turn 209*** into 210***.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,
Highlight the column where you have the numbers, hit Ctrl H, find what enter
209,
replace with enter 210, replace all

"Randy B." wrote:

I have a spreadsheet which contains 6 digit numbers (i.e.209111, 209112,
209113).
I would like to perform a bulk replace for just the first 3 numbers.
Turn 209*** into 210***.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Worked.
Thank you very much. I was trying to use * to place hold for the last 3
numbers and it didn't work.
Thanks again.
Randy