Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default formula or conditional formating

I'm doing a project involving 10 cells, W10,W11,W12 which is a mathematical
function, R10,R11,R12 is just plain text where in R10 would represent the
cell W10 respectively. On Cell B9 I would encoded the text of either R10,R11,
or R12 and after encoding the Text it should show on B10 the Value of cell
W10...

Help please i'm new with formulas and conditions trying to learn....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Not quite sure I understand, but

In B10 insert =IF(B9="","",VLOOKUP(B9,R10:W12,6,0))
If you then insert any of the values from R10:R12 in B9, you will get the
related value in W10:W12 shown in B10

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"Joseph" wrote:

I'm doing a project involving 10 cells, W10,W11,W12 which is a mathematical
function, R10,R11,R12 is just plain text where in R10 would represent the
cell W10 respectively. On Cell B9 I would encoded the text of either R10,R11,
or R12 and after encoding the Text it should show on B10 the Value of cell
W10...

Help please i'm new with formulas and conditions trying to learn....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

If you want to deal with the fact that B9 can be empty or that the entry in
B9 is not in the range:

=IF(B9,IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B9,R10:W12,6,0)),"",VLOOKUP (B9,R10:W12,6,0)),"")

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire