Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Show zero in a cell

Hi

I have the undernoted formula, however, when cell H3 has no date in it the
cell with the formula shows 5714 can anyone tell me how to make the cell show
0 when there is no date in cell H3.

=SUM(NOW()-H3)/7

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

=if(H3="","",=SUM(NOW()-H3)/7)

the formula above will leave the cell blank if you want to have 0 use

=if(H3="",0,=SUM(NOW()-H3)/7)

"Clare" wrote:

Hi

I have the undernoted formula, however, when cell H3 has no date in it the
cell with the formula shows 5714 can anyone tell me how to make the cell show
0 when there is no date in cell H3.

=SUM(NOW()-H3)/7

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try:

=IF(H3="",0,(NOW()-H3)/7)

--
NBVC

Where there is a will there are many ways.
'The Code Cage' (http;//www.thecodecage.com)
NBVC's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=74
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=112967

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

You could use something like this:
=IF(H3="","",SUM(TODAY()-H3)/7)

p/s: Use TODAY, not NOW to get the difference in days between 2 dates
--
Max
Singapore
"Clare" wrote:
I have the undernoted formula, however, when cell H3 has no date in it the
cell with the formula shows 5714 can anyone tell me how to make the cell show
0 when there is no date in cell H3.

=SUM(NOW()-H3)/7

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On 6 July, 16:15, Clare wrote:
Hi

I have the undernoted formula, however, when cell H3 has no date in it the
cell with the formula shows 5714 can anyone tell me how to make the cell show
0 when there is no date in cell H3.

=SUM(NOW()-H3)/7

Thanks

Hi Clare

=IF(H3="",0,SUM(NOW()-H3)/7)

Regards

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Oops, the SUM is extraneous
Just this:
=IF(H3="","",(TODAY()-H3)/7)
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thanks this site is fantastic

Cheers
--
Clare

"Max" wrote:

Oops, the SUM is extraneous
Just this:
=IF(H3="","",(TODAY()-H3)/7)
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

"Clare" wrote:
Thanks this site is fantastic

You're welcome. Do take a moment to click the YES button in each response in
this thread which helped you.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70
xdemechanik
---
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

And a slightly shorter one

=IF(H3,(NOW()-H3)/7,0)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Clare" wrote:

Hi

I have the undernoted formula, however, when cell H3 has no date in it the
cell with the formula shows 5714 can anyone tell me how to make the cell show
0 when there is no date in cell H3.

=SUM(NOW()-H3)/7

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Just a suggestion,

If you give a Yes to a later answer, that is the same as an earlier answer,
you should go back and click yes for each of those early "correct" answers.
Its just to be fair to Max, Eduardo, or NBVC, since the Microsoft site tracks
the number of answered questions based on this, they never actually look at
each question and answer, they rely on the user feedback.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire