Old July 28th 06, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default format cell to show leading zeros and make cell a three digit fiel

I have a field that has a single digit number in it now, like 2. I want to
fornat the field to add 2 leading zero's to make a three digit entry. How do
I do this with a formula, withut going thru entire spreadsheet and fomartting
the column to be tex and adding the leading zeros cell by cell? Please help!

Old July 28th 06, 05:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try custom formatting as 000

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

news

Old July 28th 06, 09:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Custom format of 000

You will still have a 1 digit entry that looks like 3 digits.

You cannot actually have an entry like 002 unless it is text.

A formula.....=TEXT(A1,"000")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP