Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Formula help, display nothing if no data

Hi
I want a cell to display nothing if there is no data in a certain cell..

4100 - 4200 + 99 = -1 / if nothing is in the cell for 4100 then the sum
returned should be nothing

=F8-F7+J8 - if nothing is in F8 the cell should display nothing.

Thank
You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

=IF(F8="","",F8-F7+J8)

If F8 could contain anything but a number

=IF(ISNUMBER(F8),F8-F7+J8,"")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 15:36:31 -0700, "MrJim005" wrote:

Hi
I want a cell to display nothing if there is no data in a certain cell..

4100 - 4200 + 99 = -1 / if nothing is in the cell for 4100 then the sum
returned should be nothing

=F8-F7+J8 - if nothing is in F8 the cell should display nothing.

Thank
You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,