Rodney

Default The recalcitrant active cell.

I am way over in column EO, reconnoitring data,
when I need assistance of a "what if",
I activate the auto filter, and the active cell jumps back to A1.
any workarounds for this annoying habit?

Thanks in advance.

Peo Sjoblom

Works for me, if I filter on something in one column and the active cell is
there as well it won't change to A1

2 guesses, your active cell was A1 from the start even though you filtered
on EO
you have a recorded macro that was setup to go back to A1

Peo Sjoblom

"Rodney" wrote in message

I am way over in column EO, reconnoitring data,
when I need assistance of a "what if",
I activate the auto filter, and the active cell jumps back to A1.
any workarounds for this annoying habit?

Thanks in advance.

Rodney

Thank you Peo, for your effort to respond.
I have to admit, it was an "embarrasing moment" for me.

I have MSWorks keystrokes ingrained, and when I activated the
Auto filter, the screen indeed flicks to the Upper LHS of the worksheet (A1),
but the active cell remained at EO.
All I need to do is to hit a down arrow, for the screen to flick back to EO.

Prior to this, I was hitting F5, to go back to my EO column.
which was annoying additional keystrokes.

Best regards.

| Works for me, if I filter on something in one column and the active cell is
| there as well it won't change to A1
| 2 guesses, your active cell was A1 from the start even though you filtered
| on EO
| you have a recorded macro that was setup to go back to A1
| Regards,
Peo Sjoblom

| I am way over in column EO, reconnoitring data,
| when I need assistance of a "what if",
| I activate the auto filter, and the active cell jumps back to A1.
| any workarounds for this annoying habit?
|
| Thanks in advance.

Peo Sjoblom

Thanks for the feedback

Peo Sjoblom

"Rodney" wrote in message
Thank you Peo, for your effort to respond.
I have to admit, it was an "embarrasing moment" for me.

I have MSWorks keystrokes ingrained, and when I activated the
Auto filter, the screen indeed flicks to the Upper LHS of the worksheet
(A1),
but the active cell remained at EO.
All I need to do is to hit a down arrow, for the screen to flick back to
EO.

Prior to this, I was hitting F5, to go back to my EO column.
which was annoying additional keystrokes.

Best regards.

| Works for me, if I filter on something in one column and the active cell
is
| there as well it won't change to A1
| 2 guesses, your active cell was A1 from the start even though you
filtered
| on EO
| you have a recorded macro that was setup to go back to A1
| Regards,
Peo Sjoblom