Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default tagging

Is there a way for a IF statement to look at 3 columns and if there is a
value in Only Column B then tag it yes for being the something specifically.

For Example

Column A Column B Column C Column D
$100 $50 $25 N
$25 Y
$50 $5 N

Thank you :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I am unsure how column A is to be treated. Formulas here look at just B and
=IF(COUNT(B1:C1)=2,"N","Y")
OR
=IF(AND(B10,C10),"N","Y")
If two blanks to be ignored
=IF(AND(ISBLANK(B1),ISBLANK(C1),"",IF(COUNT(B1:C1) =2,"N","Y"))

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"HS" wrote in message
Is there a way for a IF statement to look at 3 columns and if there is a
value in Only Column B then tag it yes for being the something
specifically.

For Example

Column A Column B Column C Column D
$100 $50 $25 N
$25 Y
$50 $5 N

Thank you :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Bernard, thank you... It's not working for me??? What I am hoping it
could do it if there is a value in Only Column B then Tag it with a Y or Yes
but I'm wondering too if it's pulling thru with 0 since there's a dash in it
and that's messing it up?

"HS" wrote in message
Is there a way for a IF statement to look at 3 columns and if there is a
value in Only Column B then tag it yes for being the something
specifically.

For Example

Column A Column B Column C Column D
$100 $50 $25 N
$25 Y
$50 $5 N

Thank you :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

And I right about ignoring column A? If so, I do not understand why it is
not working. Send me a sample file.
Get email address from my website (bottom of main page)