Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
stub1toe

Default Tagging a column

I have set up a spreadsheet with a simple sheet1(data!) to show each
day, where i worked, how many hours etc, and in the last row i have a
tag, a letter "I" if i want to invoice and a letter "P" if i have been
paid. On sheet2(invoice!) Its set up as an invoice page (To be
printed), taking the information from sheet1 on the lines that contain
an "I" i want it to pull that info (i.e where i worked) and place it in
5 rows (normally there are 5 "I"s), (i normally do 5 days). I can get it
to sum up the hours i have worked in a week so if there is an "I" with :
=SUMIF(Data!H2:H87,"I",Data!B2:B87)
Sorry this sounds like gibberish but its hard to put into writing...
i'm a real novice and i think i have bitten off more than i can chew..
All help really appreciated..

--
stub1toe
stub1toe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34425

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
stub1toe

On my invoice page, i want it to check sheet1(info!) col H for a letter
"I" and if there is one i want it to fill in space 1 on
sheet2(invoice!) with info from col D

ie
A B C D
E F
12/3/2005, 8hours, Brighton, dropped off supplies,wages a, wages b,

G H
invoice no, "I"

it checks for an "I" in col H and fills in "Brighton" on sheet2

but:
12/3/2005, 8hours, Brighton, dropped off supplies,wages a, wages b,
invoice no. "P"

puts nothing on sheet2 because theres a "P" not an "I"

a copy of the spreadsheet is here at my web space:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/family..../GunnBooks.xls

--
stub1toe
stub1toe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34425
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541930

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

So ... what is the question?
You enter a "P", and nothing is carried over to the Invoice sheet.
Isn't that what you want?

You don't want to re-invoice an already paid bill ... do you?

I'm missing what you're asking!

RD

"stub1toe" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
stub1toe

sorry...(You can see now why i failed my o'level english....)
This is what i want..

when i put a tag or letter "I" in a column H, i want the corresponding
information in column C to be transfered into a different cell on a
different sheet.

I want to be able to select the info that gets sent to my invoice sheet
by putting a "I" in that row.

I enter day by day the work i have done, on a Friday i enter "I" next
to the information of Monday to Fridays work.

When it generates my invoice, it seems happy to sum all hours up from
anyline containing an "I".

but i need a command like = if on info! (H2 to H100="I" then Invoice!
A2 to A8 = info! C2 to C100)

I print out my invoice sheet and give to the company. It prints out
total hours worked from any row that has an "I" next to it, but i cant
get it to pull the info from a different colomn and print it on the
invoice if theres an "I"

I think im making this sound really complicated..

(If you have a spreadsheet and you only want to print out bits of it,
if theres an "I" next to it print out whats in row c if not leave
blank)

I think i'm a moron...
I sure the answer to this is simple...Its just the question thats
hard....