Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default multicolumn adress file. want to sort on last , first name

how do i do it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,
could you provide an example of your file

how do i do it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Last First Telephone Address Suite City State Zip Code Personal Notes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,
Insert and empty row between the titles and the first row with Data, then
highlight the total range from the column containing the Last name to the one
containing the notes, then go to Data Sort and select the column which have
the last name choose Ascending or descending

If this helps please click yes, thanks

"bdcochran" wrote:

how do i do it.

Last First Telephone Address Suite City State Zip CodePersonal Notes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Last First Telephone Address Suite City State Zip CodePersonal Notes

I have multiple people with the same last name. I want to alphabetize the
list so that the information is by last name and then the multiple people
with the same last name have their information in first name order. I cannot
figure out how to do descending on two columns at the same time. Yeah, I can
alphabetize by last name alone. Then the first names are in random order.